Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Tuesday 3rd September 2019 at 7.15pm in the Village Hall lounge.
All parishioners aged 18 years and over are invited to attend and vote on the following resolutions:-
That the governing document of the Charity, namely the Scheme of 2nd October 1936 be amended in the following manner:
That Clause 3 of the scheme shall be deleted and replaced with the following in order to reflect the village organisations that currently use the hall:
3. Council- The Council of Management (hereinafter called the Council) shall consist of competent persons who (subject as hereinafter provided with respect to Additional and Cooperative Members) shall be appointed by the following organisations:-
1. The Parish Council of Landbeach
2. The Parochial Church Council of Landbeach
3. Landbeach Women’s Institute
4. Landbeach Busytots
5. Landbeach Carpet Bowls
6. The Landbeach Society
7. The Friends of Worts Meadow Landbeach
8. Cambridge Dolls House & Miniaturists Club
9. Landbeach Luncheon Club
10. Landbeach Sports & Social Club
Each of the said organisations shall be entitled to appoint one member. Each appointment shall be made for a term of one year at a meeting convened and held according to the ordinary practice of the organisation. The Chairman of the meeting shall forthwith cause the name of each person appointed to be notified to the Council or their Clerk.
In this scheme ‘Member’ means a member of the Council.
That Clause 19 of the scheme shall be deleted and replaced with the following in order to move the AGM from January to May:
19. Annual General Meeting- There shall be an Annual General Meeting of the Charity to be held in the month of May in each year. The first Annual General Meeting shall be held in the year 1937. The Council shall cause notice of the Annual General Meeting to be published in the Parish of Landbeach at least seven days before the date of the meeting and shall present to the meeting the Report and Accounts of the Charity for the preceding year. All inhabitants of the Parish of Landbeach of 18 years of age or upwards shall be entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting.