Landbeach Village Hall

1936—Built using Canadian pine, and standing on the site that the local blacksmith originally occupied, the hall is a mix of old and new. The windows and cladding on the main hall have been replaced, the main hall retaining the original shell and character as shown in photographs taken when it was built.

1967—Main sewer connected, bringing toilets inside the building. A committee meeting room, covered with a flat asphalt roof extension, was added.

1983—The meeting room, mainly used by the Parish Council, became a Sports and Social Club following a public meeting as the village had no pub and the only room available was the committee room.

1980—Asbestos cement roofing sheets of the main hall were replaced with dark green roofing sheets. The roof work was carried out by Tanner and Hall.

1985—Insulation of the hall roof space.

1990s—Lottery award and community fundraising added further improvements: a separate lounge and new kitchen, a larger updated bar room, and the addition of a disabled toilet to the original toilet block.

2011—A generous legacy left to the village by Mr and Mrs Lynn, with other secured funding and community fund raising by local residents, paid for the Village Hall's total refurbishment both inside and out. Four years of consultations and building work were followed by an opening celebration tea on July 25th 2011, which coincided with the Hall's 75th birthday. The latest improvements are now in line with the legal requirements of 21st century, offering the excellent facilities we have today.


About the Village Hall - Who Uses the Village Hall? - Hire the Village Hall - Village Hall Photo Gallery - Additional historical information